This Independence Day: Unite Against Sun Damage!
When our founding fathers decided to lay their lives on the line, it wasn’t only to fight for their peers—it was to give freedom to their children, their children’s children, and everyone who came after.
We are the founding fathers & mothers of future generations. And just like our country’s founding fathers united to give their children freedom, it’s time for us to unite so our children have a better future.
Skincare Tips for Kids
By now, you probably know how important it is to use sunscreen and protective gear to protect against skin cancer and premature aging. Here is a list of behaviors you should encourage in your child to prevent sun damage:
- Regular use of sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. If your child has sensitive skin, or you are concerned about sunscreen ingredients, use a sunscreen with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours, particularly if your child is playing outdoor sports or swimming.
- Wear protective clothing, including hats, long-sleeved shirts, pants, sunglasses and UV-protective clothing whenever possible.
- Seek shade whenever possible, and remind your child that the sun’s rays are strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Use caution in water, snow and sand, as they reflect the sun’s dangerous rays, increasing sunburn risk.
Let’s give our sons and daughters a lifetime of healthy skin by agreeing to help them fight sun damage. We’ll work to prevent skin cancer, with the added bonus of preventing symptoms of aging so that our sons and daughters love their skin at any age.
Let AlluraDerm help you fight against sun damage. With high-grade sunscreen from SkinMedica® and SkinCeuticals®, your child will love their skin well into adulthood. Contact AlluraDerm MD Med Spa at 505-821-9630 to speak with a skin specialist.