Remove Fine Hairs and Exfoliate Your Skin with Dermaplaning
Are dead skin cells making your skin appear dull? Then why not get rid of them? In this modern era of cosmetic surgery, getting the look you want is as easy as booking an appointment. If you want to lose those dead skin cells and enhance your appearance, try dermaplaning treatment!
Dermaplaning is a gentle non-chemical exfoliation technique that is done manually with the help of a surgical steel blade. This method is growing more and more popular with each passing day.
Who Is Eligible to Undergo a Dermaplaning Treatment?
Before your dermaplaning treatment, you will need to consult with a skilled medical professional in order to find out if you are eligible for dermaplaning. During your consultation, let them know about any allergies that you have.
Dermaplaning can be done with any skin type, but those who are struggling with cystic acne are generally advised to stay away from dermaplaning. If you have this issue and are still interested in trying the procedure, you will need to wait until your breakouts have cleared up.
If you are pregnant, this procedure will still be an excellent option for you. Pregnant women are asked to keep away from all forms of chemical treatments, as that chemical may get absorbed into their blood stream and cause issues with their pregnancy. But since dermaplaning not involve any chemicals, it is perfectly safe to try out during pregnancy.
What to Expect During Dermaplaning
The entire procedure is somewhat similar to shaving. First, your skin will be cleansed. It will then be dried properly. The skin will be pulled taut and held with one hand by the doctor. With the other hand, they will use the 10-gauge blade to remove all the dead skin cells by gently scraping using swift strokes.
Through this process, all your unwanted skin debris will be removed. The results can be seen immediately, so you won’t have to wait for days to get glowing skin.
What Are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning has a number of benefits:
• With this technique, a complete exfoliation of the epidermis can be done, which is not possible by using skin products. This gives you radiant skin.
• Many women are troubled with the fine vellus hairs that spring up on the face. These hairs trap oil and dirt and make the skin look dull, and they even encourage the formation of acne. With dermaplaning, you can get rid of these hairs without the use of any chemicals.
• With the help of this technique, you can address mild acne scarring. Since the entire upper epidermis is scraped off, your scarred skin tissue will also be removed.
• It is one of the best and safest procedures to remove peach fuzz and dead skin cells from the skin.
• With the help of this process, you can achieve smoother skin than ever before.
So if those small facial hairs trouble you or if you’re fed up with your exfoliation routine and not getting your desired results, dermaplaning may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Dermaplaning – Find Out More
If you’re ready to learn more about dermaplaning treatment, schedule a consultation by contacting our office. Dr. Nicholas Lam is an experienced physician who offers a number of effective skin-treatment options.