Rejuvenate Your Skin with a Fraxel Re:store Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment
The Fraxel re:store treatment is a fairly new cosmetic procedure that’s quickly catching on in the beauty industry. It is a treatment used to effectively correct a number of skin issues for all skin colors and types.
There are several issues that the Fraxel re:store treatment is able to treat. These include:
• Fine lines and wrinkles
• Acne scarring
• Brown spots
• Some types of melasma
• Dull skin
How Does Fraxel Treatment Work?
Fraxel re:store is a non-ablative erbium laser that uses fractional laser technology. Because it’s non-ablative, tissue is not removed, making for a gentler experience than certain other lasers. Fractional laser technology is different from other lasers in that it creates numerous microscopic treatment zones in the tissues.
Fraxel treatment stimulates the body’s natural healing process, encouraging production of newer skin in order to replace the targeted damaged areas. It results in natural rejuvenation of the skin that can make you look years younger.
Who Are Viable Candidates for a Fraxel Treatment?
If you’re considering the treatment to simply treat a single brown spot on otherwise unblemished skin, Fraxel may not be ideal; Fraxel lasers are mainly used to treat large areas of skin such as the hands, face, chest, or other areas of the body. Great candidates for this surgery are the people dealing with fine wrinkles, moderate to mild scarring from acne, or other issues on larger areas.
Who May Not Be Ideal for This Procedure?
• People who are naturally predisposed to the formation of keloids or other scarring
• People who use steroids (Steroids such as dexamethasone and prednisone should be completely avoided throughout the treatment.)
• People who are going through isotretinoin acne treatment
• People who have active bacterial, fungal, or viral infections
How Should You Take Care of Your Skin After the Treatment?
Because Fraxel re:store is a non-invasive and safe procedure, there is no healing period required. There are measures that patients must take in order to keep their skin safe in the time after the procedure:
• Avoid direct exposure to the sun for approximately three weeks after the treatment.
• Wear sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) twice daily to protect your treated skin tissues from sun damage.
• Try to wear wide hats that cover the treated areas while you are out in the daylight.
• To prevent the condition from recurring, try to limit exposure to harsh and prolonged sunlight in the future.
Make an Appointment to Learn More
Do you want to treat your skin to a rejuvenating experience? If so, Fraxel re:store may be right for you. Any questions you may have about Fraxel can be answered by skilled physician Dr. Nicholas Lam as part of your informative consultation. The more you know about the procedure, the easier the process will be for you.
To schedule your helpful consultation with Dr. Lam, contact our office and arrange an appointment. During your consultation, your skin will be examined and evaluated, and you will discuss the procedure with Dr. Lam in greater detail.