Oscar Watch 2015: Steal These Leading Ladies’ Ageless Looks
This year’s talented lineup of Academy Awards nominees in the category of Actress in a Leading Role have at least one thing in common aside from their obvious acting abilities: beautiful skin.
As a skin care expert in Albuquerque, I frequently help women in their 30s and beyond attain that Hollywood glow that you see on the red carpet. Here’s how to emulate some of the most buzzed-about looks from this awards season:
- Marion Cotillard (Two Days, One Night): The French have a maxim that says, “Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir,” which translates roughly to “It is better to prevent than to heal.” French women, like the stunning Cotillard, understand that health and beauty are maintained from the inside and for the long haul (you know, drinking plenty of water, maintaining a healthy diet, and slathering on the SPF). Cotillard, 39, proves a fresh-faced look isn’t something that’s achieved in — ahem — two days, but is rather the result of a lifetime of care. For dewy, glowing skin like hers, a good moisturizer is a must. I recommend TNS Ultimate Daily Moisturizer SPF 20.
- Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl): Pike is nominated for her chilling role as the glamorous and manipulative Amy, who’s on the run from her suburban life. You know what else is gone, girl? Pike’s wrinkles. The 36-year-old’s face is seemingly flawless and shows no signs of aging. While it’s difficult to speculate whether Pike has great genes or injectables to thank, women can get a smooth appearance with the help of a little BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- Felicity Jones (Theory of Everything): Known for her smoky eye and beautiful skin, Jones says she swears by black eyeliner, a little blush, and staying neutral just about everywhere else. Her secret to stunning good looks? My theory would be the benefit of youth. At 31, Jones’ focus is on enhancing her features. For those of you out there with the benefit of youth, try to follow suit and establish habits that maintain a bright complexion, such as introducing retinol to your routine.
- Reese Witherspoon (Wild): For Witherspoon, there’s nothing wild about the idea of staying fit while being a mom to 3. The 38-year-old actress has long been outspoken about her love for running and has said she does not bother with fad diets. For women in Albuquerque who want a trim physique like Witherspoon’s but who struggle with stubborn fat, I recommend CoolSculpting®, which is a non-surgical liposuction alternative. The science behind it was developed at Harvard!
- Julianne Moore (Still Alice): The only one of this year’s leading lady nominees who is not her in 30s, Moore embodies ageless beauty. The 54-year-old, who recently graced the fall/winter cover of New Beauty magazine, is meticulous with her sunscreen use. She has also spoken out in favor of aging naturally, without help from plastic surgery or BOTOX, instead indulging in the occasional facial. Looks like she’s still got it!
Which actress do you most admire? Share your answer in a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take advantage of our February specials on CoolSculpting, BOTOX, and more!